About the DRTC
Diabetes and endocrinology research has long been a major focus of investigation within the Division of the Biological Sciences of The University of Chicago. The University of Chicago Diabetes Research and Training Center promotes multidisciplinary research in diabetes by
- Creating an environment that supports important and innovative diabetes research;
- Raising awareness and interest in fundamental and clinical research locally, regionally and nationally;
- Enhancing diabetes research, education and training opportunities for patients, students, scientists and clinicians;
- Attracting and retaining new and young investigators;
- Providing core services that leverge funding and unique expertise;
- Fostering interdisciplinary collaborations, especially in emerging areas of research to catalyze new ideas and scientific approaches;
- Promoting the translation of scientific discoveries from bench to bedside to community to improve public health.
DRTC Special EventMay 1, 2015 – Memorial Service and Reception for Donald F. Steiner, M.D. (1930-2014)
A memorial service will be held for Prof. Donald F. Steiner at 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 1 at Rockefeller Memorial Chapel. A reception will follow at 12:00 p.m. at the Quadrangle Club.
U of C News
- Amy Kass, inspirational teacher who treasured a humanistic education, 1940–2015 August 27, 2015During a teaching career that spanned 34 years at the University of Chicago, Amy Kass designed courses that addressed both the enduring questions of human existence and the urgent questions facing tod […]
- Liz Thompson appointed chair of University of Chicago Charter School board August 27, 2015University of Chicago Trustee Liz Thompson has been appointed governing board chair of the University of Chicago Charter School. As chair, Thompson will lead the UChicago Charter School’s 21-member go […]
- Pera Wirszup, longtime resident master and scholar of Russian, 1915-2015 August 25, 2015Pera Wirszup, who along with husband Izaak was a longtime resident master at the former Woodward Court residence hall, died Aug. 20 in her Hyde Park home. A former lecturer in Russian at the Universit […]