About the DRTC
Diabetes and endocrinology research has long been a major focus of investigation within the Division of the Biological Sciences of The University of Chicago. The University of Chicago Diabetes Research and Training Center promotes multidisciplinary research in diabetes by
- Creating an environment that supports important and innovative diabetes research;
- Raising awareness and interest in fundamental and clinical research locally, regionally and nationally;
- Enhancing diabetes research, education and training opportunities for patients, students, scientists and clinicians;
- Attracting and retaining new and young investigators;
- Providing core services that leverge funding and unique expertise;
- Fostering interdisciplinary collaborations, especially in emerging areas of research to catalyze new ideas and scientific approaches;
- Promoting the translation of scientific discoveries from bench to bedside to community to improve public health.
DRTC Special EventMay 1, 2015 – Memorial Service and Reception for Donald F. Steiner, M.D. (1930-2014)
A memorial service will be held for Prof. Donald F. Steiner at 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 1 at Rockefeller Memorial Chapel. A reception will follow at 12:00 p.m. at the Quadrangle Club.
U of C News
- Joseph Neubauer elected chairman of University of Chicago’s Board of Trustees February 27, 2015The University of Chicago’s Board of Trustees has elected Joseph Neubauer, MBA’65, as its next chairman. Neubauer will begin his three-year term as chairman after the board’s annual meeting on May 28. […]
- Five UChicago scholars receive 2015 Sloan Research Fellowships February 24, 2015The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation has awarded five UChicago faculty members 2015 Sloan Research Fellowships: Eric Budish, associate professor of economics at Chicago Booth; Jian Ding, assistant professor […]
- Prof. Amanda Woodward appointed Deputy Dean of the Division of Social Sciences February 20, 2015Amanda Woodward, the William S. Gray Professor of Psychology, has been appointed Deputy Dean of Faculty Affairs for the Division of the Social Sciences. The three-year term starts July 1. Woodward is […]