About the DRTC
Diabetes and endocrinology research has long been a major focus of investigation within the Division of the Biological Sciences of The University of Chicago. The University of Chicago Diabetes Research and Training Center promotes multidisciplinary research in diabetes by
- Creating an environment that supports important and innovative diabetes research;
- Raising awareness and interest in fundamental and clinical research locally, regionally and nationally;
- Enhancing diabetes research, education and training opportunities for patients, students, scientists and clinicians;
- Attracting and retaining new and young investigators;
- Providing core services that leverge funding and unique expertise;
- Fostering interdisciplinary collaborations, especially in emerging areas of research to catalyze new ideas and scientific approaches;
- Promoting the translation of scientific discoveries from bench to bedside to community to improve public health.
DRTC Special EventMay 1, 2015 – Memorial Service and Reception for Donald F. Steiner, M.D. (1930-2014)
A memorial service will be held for Prof. Donald F. Steiner at 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 1 at Rockefeller Memorial Chapel. A reception will follow at 12:00 p.m. at the Quadrangle Club.
U of C News
- Chicago Booth’s New Venture Challenge ranks among top accelerator programs in country March 20, 2015The premier startup program at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, the Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, New Venture Challenge, was recently named a top accelerator program in the United States. […]
- Fourth-year hopes fellowship will lead to career addressing disparities in education March 19, 2015When Mikaela Betts earned a scholarship in fifth grade to an exclusive California private school, her eyes were opened to educational disparities based on income—and on race. Betts, whose mother is Af […]
- Camille Ann Brewer named executive director for Black Metropolis Research Consortium March 18, 2015Camille Ann Brewer has been named executive director of the Black Metropolis Research Consortium, a Chicago-based association of libraries, universities and other archival institutions that document A […]