About the DRTC
Diabetes and endocrinology research has long been a major focus of investigation within the Division of the Biological Sciences of The University of Chicago. The University of Chicago Diabetes Research and Training Center promotes multidisciplinary research in diabetes by
- Creating an environment that supports important and innovative diabetes research;
- Raising awareness and interest in fundamental and clinical research locally, regionally and nationally;
- Enhancing diabetes research, education and training opportunities for patients, students, scientists and clinicians;
- Attracting and retaining new and young investigators;
- Providing core services that leverge funding and unique expertise;
- Fostering interdisciplinary collaborations, especially in emerging areas of research to catalyze new ideas and scientific approaches;
- Promoting the translation of scientific discoveries from bench to bedside to community to improve public health.
DRTC Special EventMay 1, 2015 – Memorial Service and Reception for Donald F. Steiner, M.D. (1930-2014)
A memorial service will be held for Prof. Donald F. Steiner at 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 1 at Rockefeller Memorial Chapel. A reception will follow at 12:00 p.m. at the Quadrangle Club.
U of C News
- UChicago celebrates the promise of Chicago youth May 22, 2015Though Daweed Abdiel always has been intellectually curious and a good student, college wasn’t always on his radar. Most of his older family members had started college but never finished. In his firs […]
- Anthony C. Yu, translator and scholar of religion and literature, 1938-2015 May 18, 2015Anthony C. Yu, a scholar of religion and literature best known for his landmark translation of the Chinese epic The Journey to the West, died May 12 after a brief illness. He was 76. Yu, the Carl Darl […]
- Mathematician Alex Eskin, two alumni elected to National Academy of Sciences May 5, 2015The University’s newest member of the National Academy of Sciences is Alex Eskin, the Arthur Holly Compton Distinguished Service Professor in Mathematics. Eskin joins 83 other new members and 21 forei […]